About this Program
- College: Education
- Credits: 15 minimum | Completed with minimum grades of C
- Contact: Email | 1002 Norman Hall | 352.273.4376
The Early Childhood Studies minor facilitates understanding of the transdisciplinary field of early childhood studies by exploring the intersections among early care and education, health/mental health, and family support systems. The scope of courses explores the science, policy, and implementation of practices to support early development, learning, health, and wellbeing from child- and family-centered equity perspectives, specifically focusing on birth to age 5. This minor does not lead to teacher certification.
- Must be junior status (60+ accumulated credits) to register for courses.
- Apply for the minor after earning 45 credits and before earning 100 credits.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA is required, and transfer credits are not accepted. All courses must be taken at UF.
- Obtain college approval on the application for minor before submitting the form to email@example.com.
|EEC 3023||Science of Early Childhood Development and Learning||3|
|EEC 3402||Families as a Context for Early Childhood Development and Learning||3|
|EEC 3411||Foundations of EC Systems and Supports||3|
|EEC 3704||Supporting Early Childhood Learning and Development||3|
|EEC 3731||Supporting Early Childhood Health and Wellbeing||3|