About this Program
- College: Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Specializations: Food and Agribusiness Marketing and Management | International Food and Resource Economics
- Credits for Degree: 120
- More Info
To graduate with this major, students must complete all university, college, and major requirements.
Email | 352.392.1826 (tel) | 352.846.0988 (fax)
P.O. Box 110240
1102 MCCARTY HALL B
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-0240
Graduates choose from a vast number of career opportunities, including sales, marketing, management, environmental policy, international trade, international marketing, economic analysis, natural resource management and human resource managements.
Students who have completed 30 credits but fewer than 60 are required to complete mathematics through precalculus (MAC 1147 or equivalent) before admission to the college.
Students who have completed 60 or more credits are required to have completed calculus (MAC 2233 or equivalent), statistics (STA 2023 or equivalent), financial accounting (ACG 2021 or equivalent) and macroeconomics (ECO 2013 or equivalent) with minimum grades of C before admission to the college.
Students should consult an advisor for approval of electives.
Students will learn to apply a conceptual framework using economic reasoning and generally accepted economic principles to problem solving. They will also learn to analyze and interpret economic data, and to critically evaluate economic information in media and politics.
Before Graduating Students Must
- Complete AEB 4325 for the food and agribusiness management and marketing specialization, or
Complete AEB 4343 for the international food and resource economics specialization
- Achieve minimum grades of C in AEC 3030C and AEC 3033C. These courses are graded using rubrics developed by a faculty team.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Students in the Major Will Learn to
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Describe fundamental micro- and macroeconomic principles.
- Explain the basic role of marketing, management and finance in firm-level decision making.
- Analyze and interpret economic data, critically evaluating economic information and economic policies.
- Develop a business plan, based on a projected marketing strategy, assessing historic financial statements and projecting cash flows.
- Communicate effectively in written form in a manner appropriate in economics and business.
- Communicate orally (including visual aids) in an effective manner appropriate in economics and business.
I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
|Courses||SLO 1||SLO 2||SLO 3||SLO 4||SLO 5||SLO 6|
- Case studies